Monday, July 5, 2010

Gran'Molly's clock


Gran'Molly's clock

We've moved on from my parents' house to my in-law's house to visit with Douglas' side of the family for a while. One thing I like about my mother-in-law's home is the way she decorates with family artwork and family heirlooms. Most of the décor here has some kind of a family connection. This clock stands sentinel in the front hall. It was inherited from my husband's grandmother, who died five years ago. We don't know much about it, but I've heard rumors that it was made in the 1860s. I love the dark wood contrasted with the pretty flowers on the clock face.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's a really beautiful clock - I love the flowers, and it's so nice to have something that has been passed down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous clock! And it is so special that it is a family piece. I love the family heirlooms that are in our home... Big or small, they remind me of my wonderful heritage and God's hand upon our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful clock...I love it. And I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete