Monday, September 26, 2011

Wool peddler's shawl


wool peddler's shawl

This is a project that has been five years in the making. Proof that I am not a knitter!

I started this back in 2006, working on it off and on. It reeeeally languished. For two. years. Finally, the summer before my wedding, my friend Keturah and I made a bargain to swap projects. I would sew her a vintage-style dress if she would finish knitting my shawl!

My end of the bargain was fun. I sewed her a dress in blue silk charmeuse, based on EvaDress 7482. I'm not so sure Keturah's part was quite so fun, but she persevered. ;) And this summer when I went to visit her, she presented me with this beautiful shawl!

wool peddler's shawl
[The pattern is the English Wool Peddler's Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle.
The yarn is Brown Sheep Co. Lambs Pride Superwash in Lichen.]

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Laura! What a clever idea to swap projects -- Keturah's dress sounds divine, by the way.

    Enjoy your new shawl; it looks like it was worth the wait!

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that book at the library where I work - the shawls in there are beyond what I would attempt, but beautiful. Like yours - the design, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! The color is wonderful. Sometimes things take a while to finish, but then it's worth it. :) I love the Wool Peddler's Shawl. Most of the patterns in Folk Shawls are beautiful--I've been eyeing it for a while. Might be time to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour and design! Well worth the wait I would say ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! What a nice friend :) I especially like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize it had been languishing in your possession for two years prior to my taking it. That makes me feel a little better for having it two years myself. :/

    So glad it's keeping you warm and cozy <3

    ReplyDelete