Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A hat for "Sunday Best"


A hat for "Sunday Best"

The other day, I had a little time so I made up a fancy cloche hat for Lavinia, once again using the toddler cloche pattern from the Etsy shop eVINTAGE Patterns. This time, I used view C with the scalloped brim (you can see my first version from last Easter here). I cut the hat from cream-colored wool from my stash and lined it with some leftover duchess satin from my wedding gown. The ribbon flowers and leaves are also leftover from my wedding gown -- ones I made but didn't use in the final design -- and I thought they added a pretty touch. These hats are so easy to make (cut out two pieces, sew seven short seams and do a little hand-stitching, and you're done!).

A hat for "Sunday Best"

8 comments:

  1. So cute! And so special that you could use leftovers from your wedding gown. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so adorable! Did you make her jacket, too? That fur collar is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri - her coat is from Target last year, actually! She's gotten so many compliments on it already and the cold weather has just begun. It is really cute - I want one like it too! :)

      Delete
  3. It's lovely, Laura! The flowers are the perfect touch (and are gorgeous, by the way) -- and what a lovely little touch that both they and the silk are leftover from your wedding dress.

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie and what a sweet hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty and so very feminine! I love that you used pieces from your wedding gown, I'm sure L will appreciate that story as she grows up :)

    ReplyDelete